Our own personal experience in the outdoors led to the development of Gecko Guard. We found that none of the solutions on the market stood up to New Zealand’s testing environment and as a result the performance of our rainwear was inhibited. As rainwear is the first line of defence against adverse conditions this was unacceptable!
Please note, we can not ship Gecko Guard outside New Zealand.
Prices in NZD
Product FeaturesAfter talking with a number of chemical engineers we discovered how to create a more effective water repellant. Fluoropolymers are the most effective repellants and the resin concentration is critical to its performance. A mineral spirit base provides the best durability and makes for easy application. We also came to understand that the way you apply the repellant is very important in getting the best result. Please read and follow the application directions listed below.
- High strength water and stain-repellent
- For all wind and waterproof fabrics
- Excellent restorative treatment for technical waterproof breathable fabrics
- Chemically non-reactive fluoropolymer
- Will not harm the ozone layer
- Machine-washable up to 3-4 times
- For both natural and synthetic fabrics
- 300ml bottle is enough for 3-4 square metres of fabric or approximately 2 jackets
- Made and developed in New Zealand
- Full product information brochure available
- Suitable on all waterproof breathable fabrics, soft shell fabric, canvas, nylon canvas, taslan. Effective on nylon, polyester, cotton and mixtures of all of these. Effectiveness is reduced on very fine denier fabrics - 30 deniers and less.
- For best results, apply only to clean, well rinsed, dry clothing. Dirt and cleaning residues will decrease the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Shake bottle and spray evenly with a slow swaying motion over all the fabric until covered. Keep the bottle about 20cm from the fabric.
- Over applying will not improve repellency.
- Drying time will depend on conditions. Initial repellency will start once dry, full cure after 48-72 hours depending on conditions.
- Until full cure the garment is best left unused.
- If care instructions allow, the treated garment can be put into a dryer to speed the curing time. Ironing (with a cloth) will also assist this.
- Test for repellency with a few drops of water after application or subsequent washes.
- If required, repeat the process by applying an extra light coating. Depending on the weight of the fabric, a 300ml bottle will treat 3-4 square metres of fabric (approximately two jackets).
Chemically non-reactive fluoropolymer
Proudly made in New Zealand
Earth Sea Sky was formed in December 1990 when David teamed up with clothing designer, Sydney Mulligan. Between them they had more than 25 years experience in New Zealand’s outdoor clothing industry. This experience in design, production and sales was used to fill a growing need in the market for outdoor clothing that combined comfort, style and performance. David and Sydney introduced designs and colours that linked function and performance with great fit, attention to detail and fashion. Their first range of 20 garments included tramping jackets, oilskins, waterproof ski wear, 60/40 anorak windshells and Polartec thermal fleeces.
Since then, most of New Zealand’s outdoor clothing brands have taken their production offshore. Earth Sea Sky is committed to remaining New Zealand made. The Ellis family believes this is vital in maintaining the brand’s consistent quality and uniqueness.
https://earthseasky.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/A1.jpg 2016 1512 Leigh Gray https://earthseasky.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Logo.png Leigh Gray2020-08-18 20:02:422020-09-07 16:56:49Face Mask Dispatch Schedule
Thank-you for your face mask order. The announcement by the…
https://earthseasky.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/B2.jpg 2016 1512 Mike Ellis https://earthseasky.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Logo.png Mike Ellis2020-08-10 14:41:082020-08-10 20:31:52Mask Delivery Update
As you know, last week New Zealanders were asked to ensure they…