Pico Merino Beanie
We want to eliminate every last bit of fabric waste possible. Quality fabrics are expensive and we dont want to add to landfill. Where there are gaps in the pattern layout our designer thinks creatively and makes pattern pieces for items that use the gaps. Our merino Pico and Hand Warmers are two of these creations using merino fabric. Because they are fitted in where space occurs, the colour range is assorted.
The Pico can also be worn under a helmet.
Gabrielle Cyclone Relief
100% of Pico sales are being donated to assist with the relief efforts following the cyclone that hit the North Island in February 2023. By May 2023 proceeds allowed us to support two community initiaves with $2000 each. Hear4U (men’s mental health, wellbeing and suicide prevention) and Sam The Trap Man’s NZ Land Care Trust Cyclone relief work in his Waimata Valley clean up project.
We have chosen to continue to support the efforts of Hear4U through our Pico sales.
Prices in NZD
Product FeaturesReversible 100% New Zealand Merino Beanie.
100% New Zealand Superfine Merino
Proudly made in New Zealand
- Warm machine wash on a gentle or wool cycle.
- Use specific Woolmark approved detergent.
- Make sure detergent fully dissolved in the water before adding clothes.
- Wash inside out, close any zips.
- Cold water rinse, gentle or wool spin.
- Lie flat to dry, Do not tumble dry.
- Do not bleach, spot clean or use fabric softener.
- Be aware of “eco’ detergent claims as we have found some products have very high PH (alkaline) readings that can damage the wool fibres.
- We recommend using Woolmark approved detergents only.
- If you like to iron, use a damp pressing cloth and don’t press hard.
- Although rare allow up to up to 3% shrinkage.
Earth Sea Sky was formed in December 1990 when David teamed up with clothing designer, Sydney Mulligan. Between them they had more than 25 years experience in New Zealand’s outdoor clothing industry. This experience in design, production and sales was used to fill a growing need in the market for outdoor clothing that combined comfort, style and performance. David and Sydney introduced designs and colours that linked function and performance with great fit, attention to detail and fashion. Their first range of 20 garments included tramping jackets, oilskins, waterproof ski wear, 60/40 anorak windshells and Polartec thermal fleeces.
Since then, most of New Zealand’s outdoor clothing brands have taken their production offshore. Earth Sea Sky is committed to remaining New Zealand made. The Ellis family believes this is vital in maintaining the brand’s consistent quality and uniqueness.