Extreme Cold Weather Antarctica Jacket
Extreme Cold Weather (ECW) Down Jacket as designed for, and supplied to, Antarctica New Zealand and the Australian Antarctica Division. Each jacket is made up of 106 individually cut panels, and takes 8 hours for an experienced machinist to make. It utilises 9 different specialised fabrics sourced from Canada, Japan, Taiwan, and Italy. If you are serious about staying warm, this is the jacket for you.
Contact us for sizing/fit information as the ECW is sized to fit over other layers.
Prices in NZD
Rated 4.75 out of 5 based on 4 customer ratings(4 customer reviews)
- Heavy duty polyester/cotton outer
- Large sizing for multiple clothing layers underneath
- Certificated 650 loft 75/25 duck down fill
- YKK industrial grade, two-way front zip
- No snag, full length, quilted draught flap behind zip
- Full length velcro strip on zip cover flap with thumb hole access gaps
- Synthetic fur lined hood with metal wire rim
- Double draw-cords in hood for sealing both head and neck
- Soft, velour lined chin guards around collar and hood
- Double, micro fleece lined, hand warmer chest pockets
- Large, top opening, waist pockets
- Waist and hem draw-cords
- Reflective piping across chest and lower arms
- Reflective tape on back
- Internal, woollen sleeve, wrist bands
- Cordura piping on cuff edges
- Heavy duty zip pulls
- Vertical and horizontal zip up storage pockets in lining
- Two large, below waist, see-thru mesh storage pockets
- New Zealand flag embroidered on upper arm
- Removeable velcro name tag
Proudly made in New Zealand
- Machine wash inside out in warm water.
- Use liquid soap or detergent.
- Gentle wash cycle.
- Spin and warm tumble dry thoroughly.
- Manually ease clumps apart or tumble with tennis balls or a clean sneaker to restore down loft.
- Air after drying for 24 hours.
- Store uncompacted.
- Do not bleach, iron or dry clean.
Earth Sea Sky was formed in December 1990 when David teamed up with clothing designer, Sydney Mulligan. Between them they had more than 25 years experience in New Zealand’s outdoor clothing industry. This experience in design, production and sales was used to fill a growing need in the market for outdoor clothing that combined comfort, style and performance. David and Sydney introduced designs and colours that linked function and performance with great fit, attention to detail and fashion. Their first range of 20 garments included tramping jackets, oilskins, waterproof ski wear, 60/40 anorak windshells and Polartec thermal fleeces.
Since then, most of New Zealand’s outdoor clothing brands have taken their production offshore. Earth Sea Sky is committed to remaining New Zealand made. The Ellis family believes this is vital in maintaining the brand’s consistent quality and uniqueness.
https://earthseasky.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Helium-Kea-Hor.jpg 939 1252 Jane Ellis https://earthseasky.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Logo.png Jane Ellis2020-12-09 21:54:542020-12-10 13:00:55Kea: New Zealand’s Character Bird at Risk
https://earthseasky.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Faust-Lewis-Pass-1.jpg 800 1200 Paula Simpson https://earthseasky.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Logo.png Paula Simpson2020-11-27 20:32:422020-11-27 20:32:42Rob Frost: The Alpine Antidote to Instagram Fatigue