D480 Anorak Womens
The D480 anorak is the first of the Earth Sea Sky heritage range. Its release in November 2020 was timed with Earth Sea Sky’s 30 years of operation. It also marks 65 years of family Polar clothing design. The D480 design is influenced by the Robert Lawrie design anorak issued to the Trans-Antarctic Expedition team led by Sir Edmund Hillary that reached the South Pole by tractor in 1958.
Pullover jacket that is windproof with generous pockets for storing everything from hats, gloves and dog leads to ski skins. The jacket is not waterproof but will provide protection from light showers.
$329.00 – $399.00
Prices in NZD
- Classic 1950s anorak style – based on the Robert Lawrie design worn to the South Pole in 1957
- Zip-up, front pouch storage pocket
- Mesh-lined hood with a Bungy draw-cord
- Zip-up hand-warmer pockets
- Single-hand cinch Bungy cords at hem
- D480 TAE - the heritage option embroidered with NZ flag, Earth Sea Sky Penguin, and First Day Stamp Cover 1957 $NZ399)
- D480 – without embroidery ($NZ329)
Proudly made in New Zealand
Taslan / Nylon Canvas
- Warm machine wash, mild detergent.
- Make sure detergent fully dissolved in the water before adding clothes.
- Separate dark colours for the first wash.
- Do not use bleach,
- Do not tumble dry.
- Rinse well, light spin.
- Line dry inside out.
- Do not leave damp.
- Do not dry clean.
- Creases will come out with a few minutes wear but if you like to iron make sure you use a cool setting.
Earth Sea Sky was formed in December 1990 when David teamed up with clothing designer, Sydney Mulligan. Between them they had more than 25 years experience in New Zealand’s outdoor clothing industry. This experience in design, production and sales was used to fill a growing need in the market for outdoor clothing that combined comfort, style and performance. David and Sydney introduced designs and colours that linked function and performance with great fit, attention to detail and fashion. Their first range of 20 garments included tramping jackets, oilskins, waterproof ski wear, 60/40 anorak windshells and Polartec thermal fleeces.
Since then, most of New Zealand’s outdoor clothing brands have taken their production offshore. Earth Sea Sky is committed to remaining New Zealand made. The Ellis family believes this is vital in maintaining the brand’s consistent quality and uniqueness.