First Layer Power Grid Long Sleeve
This new lightweight Polartec® base layer fabric has been created for maximum thermal efficiency. The tufted next to skin fleece grids emulate the old string singlet concept of slowing the loss of heat by creating a slow moving air zone around your body. The bi-component spun and filament polyester combination structure makes sure the fibre touching your skin remains as dry and any excess moisture is wicked to the outer layer where it is spread across a wide area for fast drying. The wide open weave gives maximum breathability during exercise. In cold conditions the heat loss is contained by a light windproof garment over the fabric. Worn in conjunction with a windproof this Power Grid® fabric has over twice the thermal efficiency of a standard base layer in the same weight. This grid construction with a bi-component polyester yarn combination creates its own category when it comes to lightweight warmth and moisture management. It is a true circuit breaker in the quest for performance. The addition of spandex gives this fabric a comfortable four way stretch. Like all our Polartec® bi-component polyester fabrics it washes odour free. Garments have a close athletic fit.
Prices in NZD
- High crew neck for men.
- Distinctive soft grid next to skin surface.
- Comfortable thermal wear even during high intensity activity.
- Bi-component construction for efficient wicking and fast drying.
- Close athletic fit
Proudly made in New Zealand
- Warm wash
- Mild detergent
- Do not bleach, dry clean or iron.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Fabric will be touch dry at the end of the washing cycle, any residual dampness will air dry.
- Maybe tumble dried, cool setting only, for a very short time.
- Fabric softeners reduce the moisture transfer and breathability properties of the fleece by coating the polyester fibres with a lubricant. They should be totally avoided.
Earth Sea Sky was formed in December 1990 when David teamed up with clothing designer, Sydney Mulligan. Between them they had more than 25 years experience in New Zealand’s outdoor clothing industry. This experience in design, production and sales was used to fill a growing need in the market for outdoor clothing that combined comfort, style and performance. David and Sydney introduced designs and colours that linked function and performance with great fit, attention to detail and fashion. Their first range of 20 garments included tramping jackets, oilskins, waterproof ski wear, 60/40 anorak windshells and Polartec thermal fleeces.
Since then, most of New Zealand’s outdoor clothing brands have taken their production offshore. Earth Sea Sky is committed to remaining New Zealand made. The Ellis family believes this is vital in maintaining the brand’s consistent quality and uniqueness.