**Please note that this is only for the mask the filters are sold separately**
The HELIX.iso™ mask is a system with a reusable mask body and disposable, wool-based filter element. Designed to provide a high level of protection, as close to an N95 as possible, but to be comfortable, breathable and reusable.
The HELIX.iso™ Mask is designed to provide a basic level of protection in the following ways:
- To have an efficient mask that fits around the face and has a good seal.
- To provide a filter that is very easy to breathe through – essential for weak, sick, or very small people.
- To have a filter that will capture >80% of health-threatening particles at normal resting breathing rates with one layer.
- To provide a replaceable filter element that can be fitted by anyone, without damaging the element, without throwing away the whole mask.
Prices in NZD
Product FeaturesFeatures of the HELIX.iso™ Mask:
- Durable, breathable, quick drying and washable. A polypropylene fabric was sourced which provides these essentials.
- Adjustable metal nose wire ensures the best seal possible
- Mask body is one size, fit is altered by the length of the elastic ear loops. These are available in two lengths, standard and large.
- Fitted with a HELIX.iso™ filter protection is provided >80% at 0.3micron
- Fitted with a HELIX.iso™+ filter protection is provided >90% at 0.3micron
- Fit and replace filters as often as possible
- Contaminated filters should be removed and disposed of safely.
- Wash the mask regularly with filter removed
- Filters are made by Lanaco
- Surgical masks (SP) The rectangular pleated blue or green ones that doctors use are low cost and are designed to protect others from the exhaled breath of the wearer, and to protect the wearer from blood splatters etc. (NOT 0.3-micron particles or virus particles). These are not ideal for protection from exposure when out of your bubble, or working in the front line of Covid19.
- The HELIX.iso™ Mask uses a special filter called HELIX.iso™, which users can fit and replace as often as possible. This mask and filter system is cost-effective, reusable and is easy breathing. Correctly fitted, the mask with a HELIX.iso™ filter provides a high level of protection. A contaminated filter must be thrown away safely.
- N95 or P2 or FFP2 masks These are workplace standards from the US, AU/NZ, and EU respectively. They are designed to protect the wearer from fine particles (0.3 microns) at high flow rates (around 80 - 85 litres/min). They are not designed to be worn for long periods and are designed to fit adults in the workplace. The breathing resistance levels required by these standards are high, meaning to be effective they require a tight face fit, and usually a high strap pressure to maintain the seal. This means they will capture dangerous particles even at high breathing rates more than 95%. The breathing resistance of an N95 mask will be up to 240Pa to comply, where a HELIX.iso™ filter is 10Pa. Depending on the use an N95 has a higher propensity to leak on inhaling and exhale, or to prevent this will have very high and uncomfortable levels of strap pressure to prevent leakage.
Proudly made in New Zealand
Earth Sea Sky was formed in December 1990 when David teamed up with clothing designer, Sydney Mulligan. Between them they had more than 25 years experience in New Zealand’s outdoor clothing industry. This experience in design, production and sales was used to fill a growing need in the market for outdoor clothing that combined comfort, style and performance. David and Sydney introduced designs and colours that linked function and performance with great fit, attention to detail and fashion. Their first range of 20 garments included tramping jackets, oilskins, waterproof ski wear, 60/40 anorak windshells and Polartec thermal fleeces.
Since then, most of New Zealand’s outdoor clothing brands have taken their production offshore. Earth Sea Sky is committed to remaining New Zealand made. The Ellis family believes this is vital in maintaining the brand’s consistent quality and uniqueness.